Thursday, April 1, 2010

Multi-Colored Parrot Tulips

It's spring and how could one help but be enthralled with the flowers this time of year? I can fully understand why the Old Dutch Masters created so many still life paintings using these beautiful parrot tulips. They are easy to appreciate with their many colors, the patterns on each petal, their curly and wavy shapes and their changing beauty as they open fully. Tomorrow I'll show you some photos from the same bouquet in black and white. I'd be very interested in your feedback on which you prefer—these, adorned with bright and pastel shades of pinks, oranges, yellows and greens or tommorow's in shades of gray.











2 comments:

  1. Hello Martha,
    Have just found the black and white images of parrot tulips.
    Can you tell me who took these wonderful photos please?
    With kind wishes, Felicity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Felicity,
      I'm so glad you like them. I took them...actually all in color and then digitally changed some to B&W. They are among my favorites.
      Best,
      Martha

      Delete